Friday, November 23, 2012

New Christmas Family Favorite--Rise of the Guardians



  • Rise of the Guardians
  • Opened November 21, 2012 | Runtime:1 hr 37 min
  • PG
    Some Mildly Scary Action and Thematic Elements
  • Generation after generation, immortal Guardians like Santa Claus (Alec Baldwin), the Easter Bunny (Hugh Jackman) and the Tooth Fairy (Isla Fisher) protect the world's children from darkness and despair. However, an evil boogeyman named Pitch Black (Jude Law) schemes to overthrow the Guardians by obliterating children's belief in them. It falls to a winter sprite named Jack Frost (Chris Pine) to thwart Pitch's plans and save the Guardians from destruction.
  • Cast: Chris Pine, Alec Baldwin, Jude Law
  • Director: Peter Ramsey
  • Genres: 3D, Action/Adventure, Animated
  • (Synopsis courtesy of Fandango)

    Instead of shopping Black Friday sales, I decided to take my youngest son to the movies.  We decided to see the early showing of  Rise of the Guardians.  I was greatly surprised at how good it was in regards to children's movies.  Some of my favorite actors lent their voices to the characters Jude Law (Pitch/The Boogeyman) and Alec Baldwin (North/Santa Claus).  I think I am one of the few people that continues to find Alec Baldwin enjoyable.  I love him  in 30 Rock. 

    The movie had a very good message about finding your "center" or what you contribute to humanity.  Santa Clause has his "eyes of wonder" and Jack  Frost must find his center in the movie.  I thought this added a nice little holiday sentiment to the movie.  I was a little puzzled about the Easter Bunny being Australian and carrying a boomerang but still found his character fun. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment